Sunday, January 12, 2014

Changing Our Mindsets

Hey Treasures and happy Sunday.  

The other day I read this, "Be your mind's master, not it's slave." I am sorry, I don't even remember where I seen it. I read it and re-read it though and something snapped in me as if a mind set just broke off.   I can entangle such an awful web just in my mind.  I can get so paralyzed just by my thoughts. 

I read it and then it reminded me of 2 Corinthians 2:5 and I looked it up and read a few different versions of this scripture and of course I shared with my GIG (GirlfriendS in God) and even my cousin and quickly thought this would be a good blog post so here are some of different bible versions that spoke to me. I use Bible Gateway as an online tool to look up bible verses and the different versions.
We are demolishing arguments and ideas, every high-and-mighty philosophy that pits itself against the knowledge of the one true God. We are taking prisoners of every thought, every emotion, and subduing them into obedience to the Anointed One.
 
I destroy every claim and every reason that keeps people from knowing God. I keep every thought under control in order to make it obey Christ.

2 Corinthians 10:5 The Message (MSG)
3-6 The world is unprincipled. It’s dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn’t fight fair. But we don’t live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren’t for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.


I don't know about you but my mind can wonder like crazy if I let it and my emotions can also get out of hand but this scripture reminds me take my thoughts prisoner (I literally grab my head and command my thoughts to submit into the obedience of Jesus Christ) as well as my emotions and to subdue them into the obedience of the Anointed One.  I am reminded to keep every thought under control in order to make it obey Christ. So in other words I am my minds master and not it's slave.  Through the power of the Word of God and using this powerful God-tool, I am smashing warped philosophies and tearing down barriers and aligning every thought, emotion and impulse into the structure of Christ.

 
The Word of God has the help we need for every situation and to help us get out and fly.  So when negative thoughts come in like you CAN'T do something take those thoughts captive and reverse it with Truth which tells us that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, Philippians 4:13. 
Source
This photo right here seriously is all me.  I am trying to get fit but it is such a battle in my mind making it so difficult for me but I have to change my mind sets, break out of every lie that holds me back, punch my fears in the face and keep Philippians 4:13 on repeat in my mind and as Philippians 4:8 says...


 These are some of the scriptures that are helping me change my mindsets. What helps you?

No comments:

Post a Comment