Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Love and Marriage {mini series}

Hello God's lovely Treasures, I am so excited that you have stopped by today.

This is part 2 of the Marriage Series collab with some sweet, faith filled, women of God, beauty bloggers;  Andrea of Wink For Pink Blog, Maria-Isabel of Agape Love Designs and Tawny of Glamorously Mommy.

Last week, I just went right into it and I didn't even give any background on Mr. and Mrs. Aguila.  I did mention that this month is our 5 year wedding anniversary. I am super excited to go on a little getaway to celebrate.  Mr. Aguila and I have been in love since 2005.  We have known each other about 10 years or more and we started off as friends. We met at work and yes we still work together and love it but that is a whole other post that I have been wanting to share.

When we initially starting dating, neither of us were serving God.  My husband was raised in the church but I wasn't.  I was a crazy broken girl when we started dating but he didn't know it because I have always known how to mask my emotions. In April 2006, God just begin to tug at my heart so I asked my co-workers about their church and kind of invited myself and started visiting on Wednesdays.  I kept wanting to make Sundays but I was still not fully transformed at the time. Through a few situations, eventually both of us had encounters with Jesus and He begin a good work in us.

The bible tells us in the book of Philippians this (I like this bible version on www.biblegateway.com:
Philippians 1:6 The Voice (VOICE)
"I am confident that the Creator, who has begun such a great work among you, will not stop in mid-design but will keep perfecting you until the day Jesus the Anointed, our Liberating King, returns to redeem the world."

There is still work being done in the both of us and one thing that I have learned from my marriage is how to love.  God has used my husband to be an extension of His amazing love and in turn this has taught me how to love.  I have not always been lovable or loving.  It is not until we learn how to receive love that we can give it out.

God has poured His love into my heart. One of the promises that I have that has changed my life and helped my marriage is Romans 5:5.

Oh this here scripture right here! I remember when I got the revelation for it. It was a happy day for me. I was like I don't have to try to love on my own. God's love has been poured out into my heart through the Holy Spirit. If you have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you, God's love has also been poured out into your heart. Isn't this great news? 

You know that 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love? We don't have to strive for it, it's already in our hearts and we just have to let it come forth and pour it out into others, into our spouses.

I know I mentioned this scripture last week and here it is again because it's the love chapter and you can't talk about marriage without talking about love so here is what it says. I like this version.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8a  (ESV)

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends."

I think next week I will break that scripture down for us.

Since to love and be loved hasn't always been easy for me because of the many walls I built up, this Love stuff is a big deal for me.  What about you? Is accepting an unconditional love, like the love that God offers easy for you or are you like me and maybe it's a little bit more difficult? Jesus tells us that all things are possible in the gospel according to Mark.

Mark 10:27 (ESV)

"Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.”"
 
It is possible for us to love our husbands with a love that is patient and kind, that does not envy or boast, that is not arrogant or rude, that does not insist on its own way. that is not irritable or resentful, that does not rejoice at wrongdoing but rejoices with truth. A love that bears all things (remember your vows), believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things and a love that will not end.

My prayer is that we will put this type of love into practice when it comes to our marriages and of course any relationship but this is a marriage series so let's pull out that love that is already in our hearts and lavish our hubby's with this love.


1 Peter 4:8 (NIV)

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

Be sure to read the other posts that are linked up and come back every Tuesday in March.

God's love to you Treasures!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment