The cave can represent so many different things (here are just a few examples):
- It can represent doubt and unbelief. Maybe you have run to this cave because you doubt that things can turn around because everything is just not going right, you doubt that good can come out of such a bad situation, there is unbelief that God is with you, unbelief that you are loved by God.
- It can represent unworthiness. Maybe you you have run to this cave because you feel unworthy. You feel unworthy of God's love or anyone's love, you feel unworthy of a good positive life.
- It can represent fear. Maybe you have run to this cave because you struggle with some kind of fear.
- It can represent depression. Maybe you have run to this cave because you feel depressed over a failed marriage, the lost of a loved one, you lost your job, you feel hopeless.
- It can represent anxiety. Maybe you have run to this cave because you have anxiety over bills that need to get paid, or a child who is on the wrong path, or even pressure from your job or school.
- It can represent worry. Maybe you have run to this cave because you are worried about your bills, or your marriage, or your children.
My scripture of the week is in Romans 12:12
"Rejoice and exult in hope; be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation; be constant in prayer."
Just as God send angels to help Elijah along the way and he found him in that cave and asked him what h was doing there, God can and will do the same for me and you.
1 KINGS 19:9 "There he came to a cave and lodged in it; and behold, the word of the Lord came to him, and He said to him, What are you doing here, Elijah?"
He will redirect us and call us out of the cave(the darkness) into His marvelous Light. 1 Peter 2:9 AMP.
In the cave, we can't shine His light, we can't fulfill our destiny, we can't utilize the gifts He has given us for Kingdom Purpose so He has to call us out and redirect us to the path He has set out for us.
We will face many trials in this life James 1:2-4 but those very trials will help build up our perserverance and if we put on the full armor of God and work on producing the fruit of the Spirit, we will no longer run to the caves because our focus won't be on doubt and unbelief but on FAITH, it won't be on unworthiness but on being valuable, it wont be on fear but on assurance, it won't be on depression but on rejoicing, it wont be on anxiety but peace, it wont be on worrying but on trusting.
We do not have to stay in the cave. Let's come out of our caves and shine bright as ever.
I want to share this video with you, Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave. I pray it ministers to you.