Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Treasure, My GrandDaddy

Hey Treasures, how are you?

I have to admit, since my last post, I have not had any time to sit and think and/or write. I am not really sure why. It hasn't even been the procrastination thing, I mean procaffination.

I had a busy weekend, making memories with my grand daddy and my family.  My cousin had a fundraiser to the "Stateline".  I am a Cali girl. Lived in Los Angeles all my 30 something years. So when we say state line, we are heading to Nevada.  I hadn't been on one of these turn around trips to the Nevada/California state line in years, like over 7 years. My family goes pretty often but I usually opt out. 

This time, my grand daddy, who by the way will turn 89 this month, wanted to go so I told him that if he went I would go to keep him company. So off we went. I am thankful for the time I get to spend with him. He is such a blessing to me. I just love him and our relationship.


I had the honor of having him walk me down the aisle and give me away to Mr. Aguila on my wedding day in March 2009.
Isn't he cute?

This is my maternal grandfather. This man raised 4 girls and 2 boys all by himself. He became a widow when his last child, my uncle Emilio, was being born. He is so talented and sharp wtih his hands. He fixes anything and everything.  As you can tell, I am proud to be his granddaughter. 

Everytime I am around him, I just fill up with joy. His love is radiant, his presence cheers me up, his endurance teaches me, his perserverance encourages me, his smile brings me joy, his life blesses me. Does it sound familiar?  This is also what Jesus is and does for me and he also does it through my granddaddy.

My dad died when I was just five years old.  Even until this day, I am still getting healed of daddy issues. I have now found my Heavenly Father who completes me and restores me and is giving me back all that the devil has stolen from me. Although I never seen my Grandfather as a "Father figure", he was the closest thing I had to it.  He has always been my loving granddaddy, who use to work at my junior high school (yes when I attended) and who would give me rides to high school, to college and even to work before I got my car and started to drive. 

Father's Day is coming up and so I guess it was a good time to honor my granddaddy. I did not plan on this post but I am ever so thankful that I have an amazing Grandfather that I am so proud of and that I was prompted to write about him today.

Who will you honor this Father's Day?  (Your Father, Your Husband, Your GrandFather, Spiritual Father, Baby Daddy, All of the Above).  Leave me a comment and let me know.
God's Treasure,

Victoria

1 comment: