Saturday, August 24, 2013

Last

Hey Treasures, hope you are enjoying your weekend.
I am working on a blog post for an event me and my family attended last weekend and its taking me some time to get some research and put it together so I decided to check in with Lisa Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday and see what the prompt was this week and take a 5 minute break and just write.
Prompt is LAST
GO!
At first thought when I read LAST I thought to write about how sometimes I feel like I am last however that quickly changed, thank you God for your reminders.

I know of a love that will LAST.  I can now love others with that same Love that will LAST.
1 John 4:19 NIV, "We love because He first loved us" 
What truth is this small but powerful scripture. A LASTing truth.
Since I know a love that will never leave me, never forsake me, never abandon me, never hurt me and nothing can separate me from this love (see Romans 8 scripture below);  Because of the promises that I am convinced of and that I hold on to, I know that I am loved by the Creator of heaven and earth, my Heavenly Father and therefore, I can now accept love and more importantly give love. I can embrace the amazing love from my husband and love him in return and I can love my family with an unconditional non-fickle love because of the love of God that I have. This kind of love will LAST.
Romans 8:37-39 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Jeremiah 31:3 "Long ago the LORD said to Israel: "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself."

I have experienced God's Love that will LAST into eternity and have been transformed. Yes I am still a work in progress and yes my love can be fickle but I have hope in God's love.  I don't want to love others with my love or my way but with the love of God that has been poured into me.

Romans 5:5 NASB "and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

God's love will LAST through my ups and downs, through my failures and my victories, through my good and my bad, through my doubts and faith, through my fears and my victories and it'll reflect in my love that will last for my husband, my momma, my brother, my nephews, my family, my friends and all those I encounter on this journey of God's LASTing love.

STOP!

Link up your five minutes on "LAST" 
Five Minute Friday

AND linking up here
A Royal Daughter


No comments:

Post a Comment