Sunday, August 11, 2013

Love, Love, Love

Hello lovely Treasures, hope you had a great week!!
From the book, 40 Days with Jesus, Celebrating His Presence by Sarah Young


My GIG Rachel bought me this book a couple of weeks ago. It's a thin 40 day devotional but so powerful! This Day 17 really ministered to me!  I could really feel God speaking to me as I read this. 

The part that really hit home for me was this, "For years you swam around in a sea of meaninglessness, searching for Love, hoping for hope."  Oh this couldn't be more true.  I was searching for love in all the wrong places. That saying really is truth especially for me.  I was chasing a false love when all along God says He was pursuing me! What a beautiful picture.

I love Jeremiah 31:3 (AMP)
The Lord appeared from of old to me [Israel], saying, Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn you and continued My faithfulness to you.
 
God's love is everlasting. He is faithful and He draws us to Himself.  I am ever so grateful for the timing that God had to reveal Himself to me.  I had just started dating Mr. Aguila when I felt the tug on my heart to go to church.
Me and Mr. Aguila in October 2005 celebrating my birthday for the first time together!



 
So this month it's been 8 amazing years since Mr. Aguila and I started dating.  We have known each other for about 10 years. We were really good friends before we started dating. Oh have I mentioned that we work together?  Yes we work together and have lunch together most days and yes we love it.
 
In April 2006, I felt a strong desire to attend church. I say it was because of mother in laws prayers. When I first met her she said and I remember her words so clearly. She said I am glad that you know God. I always prayed for God fearing women for my sons. I don't know if you are the one he will marry but my prayer is they will marry God fearing women. I told Mr. Aguila, no wonder I had this urge to go to church, it was your mom's prayers. I am blessed to have a praying mother in law.
 
When Mr. Aguila and I started dating, neither of us were serving God. He grew up in the church but wasn't walking with God.  I actually started going to church before him BUT God was also in pursuit of Mr. Aguila. 
 
I am so thankful that God revealed Himself to me at the time that He did and lavished me with love and healed my heart and made me whole because it has helped build up my relationship with Mr. Aguila. God is our foundation and it is that way because God pursued us and revealed Himself to us.  We made things right with God before we got married and have been happily married for almost 5 years now. 
 
God's plans are far better than ours.  Have you stopped chasing love in the wrong places and allowed God's love to lavish you?  My prayer is that all will come to knowledge of God's love.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment