Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Week

Happy Thanksgiving week lovely Treasures.  This week we emphasize giving thanks.  I personally try to give thanks to God on a daily basis.  On Sunday at my church, my pastor taught us some great keys out of Psalms 145.  Take a moment to study this Psalm. We can learn much about praising God's greatness here from King David.
 
Verse 2 of Psalm 145 says, "I will praise You every day; I will honor Your name forever and ever." When we are giving praise to God everyday, we become more and more thankful.  We can always find something to be thankful for. We can start with the many things we tend to take for granted; our relationships, our churches, our freedom, our homes, our families, our jobs, our cars, our friends and even what we wear, what we eat and so on.


In reflecting on my life in the past 30 something years, I am thankful that I am not who I use to be. There was a time, when holidays especially ones like Thanksgiving were just not my thing.  I would rather be alone getting blown rather then enjoying family time or eating.   While I have to be honest, I have not fully embraced the crowds and being around a lot of people, I am not isolated or filled with shame, bound in chains. That alone is a lot to be thankful for.  God has done a mighty work in my life and yes I still need more work and I am ready for more growth and continued transformation.


Psalm 145:7 says "They will give a testimony of Your great goodness and will joyfully sing of Your righteousness."
I want to give a testimony of God's great goodness, not to brag or boast or appear to be better than anyone but purely because so much has been forgiven and given to me that I want to share this joy that I now have because of what God has done in my life. 

Here are somethings I am thankful for. ( I found this photo on social media and saved it to my phone and I don't remember where I saved it from, if its your picture, leave me a comment so I can give you credit, thank you).

Be sure to take some time to thank God for your blessings. Leave me a comment and let me know what you are thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment