Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's Memorial MonDAY

I work full time so I just love holidays and three day weekends. I love fun, food, and family time. Today was a great day. I hope you also had a great day.

Today serves as a reminder that the freedom we have here in the USA has not come free. We have brave men and women who have paid with their lives for our country, for our freedom. We honor those warriors today and let us remember them, not just today. What a sacrifice our military men and women make. They freely choose to serve our country, to fight for our country and to give their lives for our freedom.  So very thankful for men and women in the military who lay down their lives for our freedom.

I cant help but think about Jesus today as well. He also gave His life so that you and I can have freedom. 

John 8:36 (AMP)
“So if the Son liberates you [makes you free men], then you are really and unquestionably free.”

He sets the example for us.

John 15:13 (AMP)
“No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends.”

Just as Jesus laid down his life for us and the military men and women lay down their lives for us, we also should do the same. We need to lay aside our own agendas and pray for our military, pray for our nation, pray for our communities, pray for our youth, pray for our families. We also need to go into battle and be warriors, prayer warriors.

1 John 3:16 (NIV)
“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.”
I do realize that I am a day late on this post and I apologize for that. I meant to post this yesterday.

I hope everyone had a blessed weekend and are ready to tackle a new short week.

His Delight (Isaiah 62:3)

Mrs. Victoria Aguila

No comments:

Post a Comment