Friday, May 10, 2013

Peace and Hope

I am taking a class or should I say a woman’s support group at my church, “Making Peace with my Past” based on a book with this title, by Tim Sledge.  We are now on week 10 of 12. Thank God!! Each week we have 5 days of reading, memory verses and affirmations. It has been quite the journey this whole making peace with my past thing.  I have had so much healing though so I move forward in it.
I read this in Unit 9, Day 1 of this work book and thought it’d be great to share for my Faith Friday treasure.
“Being spiritual does not mean that you are without flaws, that you never make a mistake or that you didn’t experience anything negative in your past. Being spiritual means that you are committed to Jesus Christ.  You are letting Him work in your life to help you become what He wants you to be.”

This reminded me of this verse (emphasis added).

 

Romans 5:1-5 (NIV)

Peace and Hope

Therefore, since we have been justified through FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by FAITH into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the HOPE of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, HOPE. And HOPE does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

When we are committed to Jesus Christ, we have been justified through FAITH, we have peace with God, we can boast in the HOPE of the glory of God AND we also glory in our sufferings with no shame, no disappointments, just the building up of our perseverance, our character, our HOPE and God’s love that has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that is given to us upon receiving Christ into our hearts.
On my own, I cannot love with that pure Godly love and surely I can’t be “spiritual”. My love is fickle and so temperamental and sometimes I feel like I am just not “spiritual enough” so when I read that in the book and I combine it with God’s word, I am deeply moved and so encouraged because I am committed to Jesus Christ, I have been for 7 years now(the best 7 years of my YOUNG life hehehe) and I am letting HIM work in my life to help me become what He wants me to be. God’s amazing love has been poured out into my heart. It has come out from God and poured into my heart through the Holy Spirit.  Therefore, I can now LOVE but not that fickle, temperamental, superficial love but with God’s pure and amazing love.

Do you know this kind of love???? I pray that you do. I pray that all will come into the knowledge of Jesus Christ and experience His amazing love.

I HOPE this TREASURE of FAITH, encourages you as much as it encouraged me.

His Delight (Isaiah 62:3),

Mrs. Victoria Aguila

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. And I love that quote about being spiritual doesnt mean we dont have flaws. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Maria-Isabel!! I am trying to get the hang of this blogging stuff! =)

      Delete