Friday, May 31, 2013

The WAITing Treasure Continues

Hello Treasures,

So how many of you have been working on your WAITing perspective?

I was praying this morning and had to repent, God said you seem to trust and even desire or yearn for people to give you confirmation on your baby more than trusting in Me and My confirmation. He said, I have given you MY Word and you still waver! He reminded me of the lady who kept approaching the judge and approaching the judge and the judge finally said yes. He said, that parable is there so that you will be reminded to continuously ask me for what you desire. I will, I am, going to give it to you! {Big Sigh} 

You can read more on this parable in Luke 18:1-8.  It will teach us persistence, faith and prayer, with a promise of God's faithfulness and justice.  Read it and leave me a comment on what you learned.

Many times we think WAITing means to remain idle, to do nothing but simply WAIT. We say, “I am just WAITing on the Lord” and “His timing is perfect, He’s never late always on time.”  Yes God gives the promise but we still have to do our part.

The truth is that if I want to conceive in 2013, I need to do something. If you want to get that job that you really need, you have to apply and go on interviews.  If you want answer to your prayer, you need to pray. If you want wisdom, you have to ask for it. If you want the door to be open, you have to knock. If you want to find, you have to seek.  If you want to get, you have to ask.

Chapter 8 in the book of Joshua, starts off with a promise from God.
Joshua 8 (NIV)
Ai Destroyed

"Then the Lord said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Take the whole army with you, and go up and attack Ai. For I have delivered into your hands the king of Ai, his people, his city and his land."

The Lord tells Joshua, I HAVE delivered into your hands the king of Ai, his people, his city and his land. If you continue to read the rest of this chapter, you will read that Joshua did not just go home and wait for this to happen. The Lord spoke this word directly to Joshua but it did not just happen. Joshua had to take his army and not only attack Ai, but he had to strategically position his army and at the right time go in and attack. I want to inspire you to read these encouraging stories in the Bible.

When we are WAITing for our husband to get out of work, so we can go to dinner and he is running late, do we just sit and do nothing while WAITing on him?  I know I don't, I call him (or text) and remind him that we have a dinner date (in a very nice way{evil laughing})

When I am WAITing at the doctor's office for my appointment and the time scheduled has passed, I remind the receptionist that I am WAITing.

Well you get the point right?  While WAITing God does not want us to remain idle but He wants to meet with us, He wants to hear the desires of our hearts and HE wants to give us the desires of our hearts. He is our WAITing Treasure and in Him we find rest, peace and patient love.

Keep WAITing, Keep praying, Keep asking, Keep declaring.

Jeremiah 29:11(NIV)
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Linking up with this awesome community. Stop by and say hello.

A Royal Daughter

His Delight,(Isaiah 62:3)

Victoria

3 comments:

  1. What a great blog! Newest follower here... I was hoping that you'd pop on by and follow me back.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Sarah, thanks for stopping by and for following. I will surely pop by and follow back.

      thank you.

      Delete
  2. Hi my name is Ashley. I'm an avid blogger and Creative Graphics & Web Designer. I am stopping by your blog from Aloha Blog Hop. I would love it if you would stop by ours as well. We have an awesome giveaway running right now. A winner will be chosen June 15th. Come join in on the fun!

    Website/Blog: www.ashleychapmandesigns.com/blog

    Thanks so much!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete