Monday, May 13, 2013

The Monday after Mother's Day

So here is hoping that all the MOM's out there had a very special celebration for Mother's Day yesterday.

As for me, it was pretty hard day for me. I am not sure why yesterday it hit me as much as it did but to be honest, I was very emotional, felt very sad, very left out of the Mother's Day celebration (since I am not a mother yet). Been married for 4 years and been praying for a baby for about 2 years now. God has promised us we would have children and we hold on to His promise standing upon this scripture,

Luke 1:45 (NASB)
"And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord."



When I begin to question God and when I begin to battle in this area, this scripture always brings me comfort. I am already blessed because I believe in the fullfillment of His promise that has been to spoken to me by the Lord.

I read this on Pastor Paula White Facebook page,
"Whenever you are on the brink of your GREATEST breakthrough you will often fight your biggest battle! Your victory has been secured through Jesus! Rest in Him!"
Immediately, I thought I must be on the brink of my GREATEST breakthrough yet because honestly this whole having a baby has been a tough battle this year. Obviously this isn't something that is easy to talk about but I want other women out there, with a desire to have a baby and it hasn't come to pass yet, who have these feelings on mother's day or any other day, to know that you are not alone. God hears our cries and if you haven't called out to Him, call out to Him. We are the modern day Hannah's and Sarah's. I was recently reading Judges 13 on the birth of Samson, his mother, who's name is not mentioned but God knew her and trusted her to give birth and raise a strong leader. 

Judges 13:3 (NASB)
"Then the angel of the Lord appeared to the woman and said to her, “Behold now, you are barren and have borne no children, but you shall conceive and give birth to a son."

I am always encouraged by these stories in the bible because these women had to cry out to God, had to wait on God, and have faith in God just like us who are waiting for this very thing or anything that you might be waiting for, be encouraged by His Word.  God is faithful to complete His promise and these women gave birth to mighty men of God. I encourage you to read these stores and allow God to minister to you through them and renew your Faith and your Hope as you wait upon your Treasure.

As I spent the morning crying and wanting to hide in a cave (preferably a dark one), I heard God's gentle voice saying, "STOP focusing on what you do not YET have, and focus on the blessings that you do have."  I am blessed to have an amazing mother and I was able to overcome the battle and celebrate Mother's Day with my beautiful momma and family.


Praying that those of us ladies who have a desire to have a baby, will conceive in 2013.

His Delight, (Isaiah 62:3)

Mrs. Victoria Aguila

4 comments:

  1. I know God will bless you soon my dearest friend and I can hardly wait I love you so much and I will pray with you for this <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you buddy! =)I love you too. I appreciate your prayers.

      Delete
  2. Sweet Victoria, I saw your post on Amanda's Desire To Inspire newsletter and just had to click over...my mother's day was the exact same as yours. Feelings of sadness, being left out, and just plain old feeling sorry for myself...until I felt that still small voice inside telling me to dwell on being thankful for what I DO have, and not on what my heart is yearning for. A friend told me the other day that God is never late, but He is also never early. I will be adding you to my prayers, that we would both be able to wait for His perfect timing to start our families :) I know it is much easier said than done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica, thank you so so much for your comment and even more so for your prayers.
      I am in agreement with your prayer, Today on my Desire to Inspire blog post, I write about WAITing.

      Delete